When people discuss President Obama’s considerable political skills, they often leave out one of his biggest talents: that of popular law school professor.
Obama taught constitutional law at Chicago Law School for over ten years. In that job, he faced challenging questions from some of the smartest young minds in the country on extremely controversial subjects. He developed the ability to come up with a reasonable response to virtually any question. Between this ability and that of a common con-artist is a thin line.
Obama successfully used this talent with four previous crisis which would have devastated a person with lesser talent. And he got away with it. However, Obamacare may be his Waterloo. He can’t win and he can’t escape. Waterloo is reality.
Here are his four previous crisis’:
1) With “fast and furious,” our government sold hundreds of guns to Mexican drug lords for some wacky reason. One of the guns were used to kill a government agent. Obama simply refused to answer questions about the policy and the Attorney General, Eric Holder – the enforcer of U.S. laws — simply refused to appear in Congress to answer questions. He is still under “contempt of Congress.”
2) With Bengaszi, Obama was running against Romney for the Presidency, and part of his pitch that he was successful in defeating El Quada. He stated that El Quada was on the run. Then when an El Quada affiliate successfully attacked a U.S. Embassy in Lybia, Obama simply lied about it – saying it wasn’t a terrorist attack, but rather a spontaneous outburst in protest of an anti-Islam video created by an amateur. Susan Rice – now the National Security Advisor – went in front of the UN and on numerous talk shows to spread the lie. The Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, also misled Congress (“Americans were killed! Why do you care about such trivial things like a terrorists attack versus a video protest (paraphrased)”. It was just a political deception in order to help Obama win the election.
3) With the IRS/Tea Party scandal, Obama, simply said he didn’t know a thing, and was just as outraged as everyone else.
However, with Obamacare, there is no way, he could have not known that people who were satisfied with their policies would not be able to keep them. Any high school student could have informally done the math and conclude that there was no way that Obamacare could work without raising the costs of people who were satisfied with their plans.
Obama is Santa Claus. He wants to give everyone everything without it costing anyone anything. And this is the basic con job: there is no free lunch. Someone has to pay.
Obama wants to give tens of millions of people free health care – an expansion of Medicaid. And this is not counting free health insurance of “undocumented immigrants,” which is sure to come later. Also, he wants to give young people their parent’s health care up to age 26. Then health care for pre-existing conditions. Also, he want to give men and women the same insurance costs. Now he is saying he wants to subsidize millions of people for the raise in the health insurance costs.
Where does this money come from? It can only come from:
- a rise in costs for health care policies for those who have satisfactory policies now;
- mandatory policies for people who don’t need them (young people); and
- a rise in taxes or increase in the federal debt.
But Obama keeps on with his mantra – the liberal mantra: “You can have everything and it won’t cost anyone anything (except for the millionaires).” However, Obama overlooks one thing: economic reality. And this reality exposes his deception.
Another Obama deception is his “anger” over his Obamacare website not working. How can you be in charge of a $600 million, 3-year web site development and not be aware that it wasn’t going to work?